The Indialantic Police Department was created in November 1953. The Department consists of 11 sworn police officers: the chief of police, three sergeants, a detective and six patrolmen. The communications center consists of four full time and five part-time dispatchers. An Administrative Assistant/Office Manager completes the compliment of employees. Many of our employees have been with the Department in excess of 15 years and have been instrumental in its overall development. The Police Department responds to approximately 4,000 calls for service annually with an average response time of less than two minutes. The Police Department is a full time operation with services available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our Detective Bureau maintains one of the highest clearance rates in the county. Our goal is to continue this trend and our primary objective remains the prevention of crime. Services offered by the Police Department include:
- Crime prevention seminars
- Neighborhood Watch programs
- Fingerprinting of children and individuals for various purposes
- A well-being program for the elderly
- Preparation for home/business and personal safety
- Operation Identification which helps you personalize your property
- Tours of the Police Department to acquaint the public with the operations of the Department and the police profession.
- Vacation house checks
- Home Security Survey
Calling the Police Department at 723-7788 will allow you to benefit from any of these programs.